Another Thai shrimp dish, but this time with a breading of coconut!
- Approx 1 pound of peeled and de-veined shrimp
- 8-10 ounces of coconut milk
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3-1/2 cup of coconut flour (only had gluten free flour on hand)
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 3-4 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Salt and Pepper
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- Coconut Oil
- Dipping sauce of your choice (something maybe sweet/spicy)
- Grab 3 bowls. In 1 bowl whisk the 3 egg whites. In a second bowl pour in your shredded coconut (ideally use unsweetened, but I only had sweetened coconut in the pantry). In the third bowl add in your flour, salt, pepper, and 2-3 tablespoons of curry powder.
- Have a large empty plate out to lay your shrimp on. Then take your shrimp, first dip them in the egg whites, then the flour mixture, and lastly the coconut. Do this for all your shrimp!
- In a large skillet, heat up your coconut oil (or other cooking oil). Chop your garlic, throw it in there and saute until it's fragrant.
- Now add into the skillet your coconut milk and remaining curry powder.
- Mix together and let it cook down for a few minutes (2-3). Once it's thicker, add in your shrimp, cooking 2-3 minutes per side. The shrimp should be pink and their tails should begin to curl.
- Remove the shrimp. I served mine with a dipping side of sweet and spicy sauce.