- 1 pound of peeled, deveined shrimp
- Cooking oil (coconut or olive)
- 1 sweet onion
- Curry powder
- 1 small jar of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups of spinach
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup of full fat coconut milk
- Dice the onion and saute with your cooking oil over low heat until translucent
- Season the onions with salt, pepper, and curry powder
- In a food processor or blender add in the tomato paste, chicken broth and coconut milk. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture from the blender into the large skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, check again for taste (this is where I decided I needed more curry powder)
- Add the shrimp and spinach and leave the pot simmering. Cooking for about 5 minutes covered (or until the shrimp are cooked).
- Uncover, let the aroma fill the kitchen, and serve in a bowl!