Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Spicy Chicken and Veggies

Alright - so being honest - this weekend (past week), was not the best in terms of what I was eating. So come Monday morning, I was craving meat and veggies, particularly chicken. I decided the best defense to my craving was my handy crockpot packed with chicken breast and lots of veggies and spices! Enjoy the very haphazard recipe I threw together last night.

Ingredients:
- 2 pounds of chicken breasts
- 1 4oz can of diced green chilis
- 1 4oz can of tomato paste
- 1 14oz can of diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 1 cup of red wine
- Handful of carrots
- Diced yellow onions
- Diced green peppers
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- Garlic Salt
- Ground Cumin
- Cayenne Pepper
- Ground Garlic

Directions: 
1. Put your chicken in the bottom of the crockpot.
2. Throw all your other ingredients on top
3. Simmer on low for 8-10 hours
4. Devour and enjoy the chicken and veggies (I sure did!)
Just added in all ingredients
After a night of cooking
Mmmm - delish

No comments:

Post a Comment