Wednesday, October 17, 2012

4 Ingredient Easy Eggplant

I bought this delicious looking eggplant at the store the other day and wasn't quite sure how I wanted to make it. After a quick look in the fridge, I came up with this easy recipe. It's healthy, quick to make, and super delicious!

If I had more time, I'd think about making it more of an "Italian" dish by serving it over a spaghetti squash bottom or even layering it to resemble "Eggplant Parmesan"!

Ingredients:
  • Eggplant, sliced thin
  • Almond flour
  • 1 egg
  • Pesto sauce or Tomato Sauce
Directions:
  1. Slice your eggplant thin
  2. Whisk your egg in one bowl and in another bowl pour out a bit of almond flour
  3. Dredge your eggplant in the egg and then the almond flour
  4. Heat up some olive oil in a pan
  5. Toss your eggplant in the pan, saute on each side for a few minutes until golden brown
  6. Remove and top with your favorite sauce. (I had a sun-dried tomato pesto, regular pesto, and no-sugar added tomato sauce in the fridge to use). 
  7. Enjoy






1 comment: