I bought this delicious looking eggplant at the store the other day and wasn't quite sure how I wanted to make it. After a quick look in the fridge, I came up with this easy recipe. It's healthy, quick to make, and super delicious!
If I had more time, I'd think about making it more of an "Italian" dish by serving it over a spaghetti squash bottom or even layering it to resemble "Eggplant Parmesan"!
- Eggplant, sliced thin
- Almond flour
- 1 egg
- Pesto sauce or Tomato Sauce
- Slice your eggplant thin
- Whisk your egg in one bowl and in another bowl pour out a bit of almond flour
- Dredge your eggplant in the egg and then the almond flour
- Heat up some olive oil in a pan
- Toss your eggplant in the pan, saute on each side for a few minutes until golden brown
- Remove and top with your favorite sauce. (I had a sun-dried tomato pesto, regular pesto, and no-sugar added tomato sauce in the fridge to use).