Sometimes you just need to switch it up, so tonight I went out on a ledge and made a veggie I've never cooked with before, and only tried once...and hated it. So back on the horse to give it another go - this time, with my own twist.
Lemon Dill Salmon:
-Salmon Fillets (of your choice)
-4 cloves of garlic
1. Rub a few tablespoons of olive oil over your salmon fillets. Massage it well into the fish
2. Now crush/chop up the garlic and rub that on your salmon, leave any chunks on the salmon
3. Sprinkle some fresh dill on the salmon, and squeeze 1/2 a lemon on each.
4. Marinate for a few hours (if you have the time).
5. Set the oven to 350 degrees and bake for about 15 minutes.
Here's what the marinating salmon looked like prior to cooking.
Onto the next [fun] one.
- 1 head of cauliflower
-3/4 cup of Chicken Stock
-a few pieces of bacon
-1 sweet onion
-2 Tablespoons of butter (I use Kerry Gold)
-Salt and Pepper
-Herbs de Provence
-Small package of mushrooms
-5 cloves of garlic
1. Cut the cauliflower up into manageable pieces and try and remove most of the stem. Pull out your food processor and pulse the cauliflower in there until it's the size of rice/couscous.
2. In a pan, saute the chopped up garlic, onions, and mushrooms with the olive oil. (I honestly only added mushrooms because we had leftovers we needed to use)
3. Cook the bacon in a neighboring pan until desired crispiness. (Alternatively, you can just throw it in with the garlic and onions). Bacon makes everything taste better - hence it's presence in this dish.
4. Combine bacon with the veggies. Continue to cook.
5. Add in your "rice" cauliflower and the chicken stock. Mix, and bring to a simmer for about 10-15 minutes on the stove.
6. Season - add in your salt, pepper, garlic salt etc. It's up to you how you'd like to pull out the flavor.
7. Remove from heat and pour into a large bowl - add a dab of Kerry Gold garlic and chive butter on top.
Sauteing veggies and bacon!
VIOLA - salmon and cauliflower rice!