A very simple and quick meal with the opportunity to add your own flare. I had this with a homemade "pesto" dressing I whipped up (recipe to come later). Think about adding shrimp, other veggies, or using a tomato sauce.
- 1 spaghetti squash (it's a veggie)
- Pesto dressing
- 1 chicken breast
- Olive Oil
- Greek Seasoning
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly sprinkle your olive oil over your chicken and then dash on your Greek seasoning
- Pop your chicken in the oven for 15-20 minutes
- While your chicken cooks, grab your spaghetti squash. (By the way, this is a great dish if you've had a bad day). Spear your squash. Okay, not spear, but poke holes (say around 10) around the squash.
- Pop your squash in the microwave for about 9 minutes.
- Once time's up on the squash, take it out and cut it in half, lengthwise. Let it sit and cool for a few minutes.
- When it's cool enough to handle, scoop out the seeds and throw away. With a fork, gently pull the squash away from the peel. It'll mimic what spaghetti looks like.
- In a bowl, mix your spaghetti squash, pesto dressing.
- Top with your chicken when it's done