Saturday, August 11, 2012

Scallop Ceviche!

I'm so excited to post this recipe. It's definitely something new for me. I typically like to make sure all my food is completely cooked before I eat it, so when making this dish, please make sure to follow the directions! It's important that the scallops take their time to marinate in the lime so that they can 'fully cook'.

Please enjoy the light, refreshing taste of this dish!

Ingredients:
  • 3-4 large wild caught sea scallops
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • Black peppercorns
  • 1 jalapeno, diced
  • Sea salt
  • 1/2 avocado, diced
  • 1/2 tomato, diced
  • Cilantro
Directions:
  1. Chop up 3-4 sea scallops and put them in a bowl.
  2. Over the scallops, squeeze one lime. Mix the scallops well.
  3. Dice your jalapeno and mix in with the scallops and lime. 
  4. Salt and Pepper those bad boys.
  5. Cover your bowl and let it sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
    1. The lime juice will 'cook' your scallops. When they are opaque they are okay to serve. I left mine in the fridge while at work (9 hours)
  6. Right before serving dice up 1/2 and avocado and 1/2 a tomato.
  7. Fold in the avocado to the scallop mixture. 
  8. Plate and then serve with a tomato topping and sprinkle cilantro on top to finish it off.
    1. Notice I tried to plate 2 ways. One in a martini glass and one I put in a circular measuring cup and then put it on the plate. Find the best way you'd like to present this dish!






No comments:

Post a Comment