Please enjoy the light, refreshing taste of this dish!
- 3-4 large wild caught sea scallops
- 1 lime, juiced
- Black peppercorns
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- Sea salt
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- Chop up 3-4 sea scallops and put them in a bowl.
- Over the scallops, squeeze one lime. Mix the scallops well.
- Dice your jalapeno and mix in with the scallops and lime.
- Salt and Pepper those bad boys.
- Cover your bowl and let it sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- The lime juice will 'cook' your scallops. When they are opaque they are okay to serve. I left mine in the fridge while at work (9 hours)
- Right before serving dice up 1/2 and avocado and 1/2 a tomato.
- Fold in the avocado to the scallop mixture.
- Plate and then serve with a tomato topping and sprinkle cilantro on top to finish it off.
- Notice I tried to plate 2 ways. One in a martini glass and one I put in a circular measuring cup and then put it on the plate. Find the best way you'd like to present this dish!