Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Chipotle Lime Tilapia with Cool Avocado Sauce

I was all excited to get a new recipe up today. Unfortunately, while I was food shopping after work (and a nice jog in the park) some jerk hit my car in the parking lot. Go figure. Anyways, try out this tasty and full of flavor new recipe! Healthy and hits the spot!

Ingredients:
-Tilapia filets (I used 3 for leftovers)
-1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (you'll have leftovers in the can if you just one - and one was plenty for me tastebuds!)
-2 tablespoons of the adobo sauce (from the can)
-1 juiced lime
-1/4 a cup of salsa (use what you like, I chose Organic and Mild)
-1 small avocado (make sure it's ripe!)
-1/4 cup of sour cream (I used full fat - less "fake" junk)

Ingredient minus the fish

Directions:
1. Preheat the over to 400 degrees and line a baking pan with foil
2. In a blender, combing the chipotle pepper, salsa, 1/2 of the lime juiced and adobo sauce. Mix.
3. Coat the filets with the sauce from the blender and place on the pan and in the oven for 20 minutes (mine were frozen), so maybe 12-15 if thawed.
4. While the fish is cooking, clean out your blender and then add in the sour cream, avocado and other 1/2 of lime juiced. Mix

5. Once the fish is done, drizzle the sour cream/avocado mixture over the fish for a cool, refreshing finish.
6. Enjoy!



The picture doesn't do it justice, but this dish was so amazing. The first bite you get that spicy pepper taste, but it's finished off by the coolness of the avocado and sour cream - the lime goes perfectly with it!

Looking forward - dinner is probably covered for a few nights - but I've got some delicious crock pot recipes I'm thinking up for my next post! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment